This dish is sure to be a hit with the family, and won’t keep you in the kitchen all night! Make a little extra to have leftovers for later.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• non-stick cooking spray
• 4 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, and cut into 1-inch strips
• 1 can (14 oz) tomatoes, cut up
• 1 cup chili sauce, low-sodium
• 1½ cups green peppers, chopped (1 large)
• 1½ cups celery, chopped
• ¼ cup onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 Tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
• 1 Tbsp fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried
• ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
• ¼ tsp salt
- Spray a deep skillet with non- stick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
- Cook chicken in hot skillet, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Reduce heat.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, low-sodium chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. 4. Serve over hot cooked rice or whole wheat pasta.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1½ cups
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 73 mg
Sodium: 383 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 30 g
Carbohydrate: 30 g
Potassium: 944 mg
Recipe from Department of Health and Human Services A Healthier You